On October the 1st, 1912, a Chapel for the Regiment, St Georges Chapel, was dedicated in the South Transept. It is a memorial to all ranks of the Regiment who have laid down their lives for their sovereign and country. On the left wall by the altar are the names of those who lost their lives in India and on the right the Boer War. Many war memorials can be found throughout the county and a website www.carlscam.com has an extensive number of pictures.
Stone slabs on the floor commemorate many of the regiments most well known officers and men. While many chairs have been donated in memory as well.
Little did the men of the 1st Battalion, who provided the honour guard in 1912, know that many of their names would be contained in the Roll of Honour now on display in the cathedral following the battle of Mons less than two years later.
On July 30th 1904 Field -Marshal Lord Roberts unveiled this alabaster memorial to the 129 men of the Regiment who were killed in action in the Boer War. Further memorials to HMS Chester, which fought with distinction and was badly damaged at the battle of Jutland. The Cheshire Yeomanry and the Royal Air Force are also to be found in the Cathedral.